RSVP (Retired and Senior Volunteer Program) of the Capital Region is commemorating Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s legacy of caring for those in need during the months of January through March. Veterans receiving care at the Lebanon VA Medical Center are in need of personal care items. It has been 47 years since Dr. King’s death, so in conjunction with United We Serve’s MLK Day of Service, RSVP wants to eliminate this problem for our heroes by sponsoring a 47 day drive to collect needed personal care items.
Donate for 47 days from January 19 through March 6! Examples of what is needed: Shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, shower gel, soap, shave cream, toothpaste, toothbrush, lip balm, hand sanitizer, and combs/hair brushes. Grab a few new, unused items at the store. Deposit them at any of the following drop off sites before March 6:
- Annville Senior Center, 200 S White Oak St., Annville
- Area Agency on Aging, 710 Maple St., Lebanon
- Genco, 1629 Willow St., Lebanon
- Lebanon Church of the Brethren, 400 Locust St., Lebanon
- Lebanon Public Library, 125 N. 7th St., Lebanon
- Lebanon VA Medical Center Voluntary Service Office, 1700 S. Lincoln Ave, Building 18, RM 128C, Lebanon
- Myerstown Senior Center, 59 N. Ramona Rd, Myerstown
- Northern Lebanon Senior Center, 335 N. Lancaster St., Jonestown
- PA CareerLink Lebanon County, 243 Schneider Drive, Lebanon
Just look for the MLK Personal Care Donation signs.
Donated items will be distributed to patients at the Lebanon VA Medical Center.
RSVP, a Senior Corps program of the Corporation for National & Community Service, recruits and places volunteers as: tutors, meals on wheels deliverers, friendly visitors, VA Medical Center helpers, mentors, knitters/crocheters, food bank workers, disaster services responders, van drivers, activities aides, clerical workers, quilters, and numerous other opportunities where they are most needed in Lebanon County. For large donations or more information on drop-off sites or volunteer opportunities, email email@example.com or call RSVP’s Lebanon County office at (717) 454-8956 or the statewide Senior Corps of Pennsylvania hotline toll-free at 1.800.870.2616. Visit RSVP at www.rsvpcapreg.org